Desktop Team 20090106 meeting minutes

Rick Spencer rick.spencer at canonical.com
Wed Jan 7 17:40:57 GMT 2009


Hi,

Here are the minutes from the desktop team meeting. You can find them 
along with activity reports here: 
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/2009-01-06

Cheers, Rick


== Present ==

  * Rick Spencer (rickspencer3) - chair
  * Alexander Sack (asac)
  * Arne Goetje (ArneGoetje)
  * Bryce Harrington (bryce)
  * Chris Cheney (calc)
  * Jonathan Riddell (Riddell)
  * Martin Pitt (pitti)
  * Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
  * David Barth (davidbarth)
  * Ted Gould (tedg)

== Actions from this meeting ==
  ACTION rickspencer3: Post Dx components table to wiki.ubuntu.com

  ACTION Riddell: Address inaccuracies in the Dx Component table (kwin 
has nothing to do with brightness)

  ACTION davidbarth: Specify back up plan for unpatched applications 
that use actions/timeouts

  ACTION rickspencer3, davidbarth, Riddell: specify support for Kubuntu 
and/or KDE apps running in GNOME expected for Jaunty

  ACTION rickspencer3: replace Konversation with Quassel on tracked 
components table

  ACTION  davidbarth: supply dates for when key apps (NM) will be 
patched to work with new notification daemon

  ACTION  asac to initiate major change process for libnotify and get 
patch on track for upstream inclusion

  ACTION  All: all specs should be drafted by end of this week

  ACTION  all: everyone to add some pet-bugs by next meeting

== Dx integration ==
Review components and timelines. A lengthy discussion ensued:
  * Kubuntu/KDE app plans were not sufficiently fleshed out to assess 
status. This should be resolved by the next meeting.

  * Messaging indicator work will include the indicator itself, as well 
as well as patched evolution and pidgin. Other apps will have to be 
patched by upstream/community. The Dx team will provide documentation 
and examples to facilitate this, though this will be available later in 
the cycle.

  * How to handle notifications that include an action and/or a timeout 
was not determined. This needs to be clarified asap.

== Meeting time ==
Did not have time to discuss

== Specs ==
  * All specs should be drafted by eow
  * Status of all Jaunty specs discussed and updated
  * List of Jaunty blueprints available here: 
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty



More information about the ubuntu-desktop mailing list