Reorganisation of the desktop wiki pages

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 25 13:05:50 BST 2008

Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> The page looks great, I'm not decided about how we should claim updates
> though. Some packages are actively maintained by one person and some
> other can be claimed by the first one wanting to do the update. Did you
> use the wiki usual uploader informations? Does everybody thinks that's
> an useful information? Where should we store this list so it can be
> updated easily? The ubuntu-bugs bzr?

I think having a list in ~ubuntu-desktop bzr for packages actively updated by
one (or more) person would be fine. Then Cesare's script checks it, and for
those packages having one maintainer, it lists it in the page, perhaps not
displaying the comment field.

> The other way would be to have to have some people in charge of updating
> the todolist and contributors claiming items there, that would avoid
> conflict between people starting on the same update for example.

Do you mean the WeeklyTODO wiki? I've used it in the team for some time and
don't like it very much. I think a page like this, which is automatically
updated and where you just have to put your name in one box to claim the update
is much better.

Cheers,
Emilio