Reorganisation of the desktop wiki pages

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 22 17:21:01 BST 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008 17:53:22 Brett Alton wrote:
> What about only highlighting the package under Ubuntu when it is out
> of date or under Debian when that is out of date. There are some out
> of date packages for both OSes but only the Ubuntu packages are
> highlighted red.

Yes, that's the point of the page. Debian is already tracking their status
separately (for instance here:
http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.22-status.html).

> That may be what you're going for, but what about when Ubuntu is
> behind but Debian is in sync? Then maybe the colour should be green to
> let you know that a simple sync could occur?

There aren't many cases like this now but its a good idea; I'd prefer to code
it yellow though.

> I've bookmarked it if you don't mind.

Heck, that's what is meant for ;-).
Thanks for checking it out.