Empty "Create Document" menu

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 30 11:21:25 GMT 2008

2008/10/30 Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com>

> It seems plain to me having read the thread that the correct approach
> here is for distros to take responsibility for this and ship some
> templates in ~/Templates by default (whether using /etc/skel or other
> technical means). It's only distros who have control over whether that
> list of templates will get "cluttered" or not, so it's distros who can
> keep it clean.

I think that Matthew is totally right: the responsability is on distros to
handle a correct list of templates, regarding application they shipped and
maintain it accorded to its evolution. This would provide reasonable default
which can hilight this feature for new users and give them a clue on how
they can populate the "Create Document" item.

This feature is, to my mind, very powerful, easy to use but unfortunately
unknown because of not explaining/guiding people on how to use it.

Didier