Empty "Create Document" menu

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 29 16:22:31 GMT 2008

A. Walton [2008-10-29 11:10 -0400]:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Mikko Ohtamaa <mikko at redinnovation.com> wrote:
> >I can clean up my menu if my evil Linux software
> > vendors try to clutter it up.
>
> Yeah, if you have root privelidges to remove said templates from a
> global directory. This is fine if you're working on a single user
> machine and you're the admin. Really really bad if you're on any
> multiuser machine, be it in a corporate environment or just the kid of
> an Ubuntu dad who really likes his 40 global templates.

There is no reason why GNOME shouldn't be able to override those in
your user configuration.

I don't really buy the original argument. Right now, it's not really
an useful thing to put into the context menu in the first place. So if
we see that abuse actually starts to happen in Ubuntu packages, then
heck, it's not like it was impossible to fix those packages to throw
them out again.

Martin