GNOME keyboard indicator in default (Live CD) environment

Lumír Jasiok lumir.jasiok at vsb.cz
Sat Nov 15 15:28:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

currently I am working on (diskless) kiosk project. Our diskless kiosks
are booting modified Ubuntu Desktop Live CD (8.04.1 LTS) using TFTP (fat
"thin" clients). Our students will be using live CD environment and
after their logout everything will be cleaned up, and prepared for next
student. For our kiosk solution we need to modify default live CD and
add some packages, make some configurations etc. I do this by shell
scripts, some Python modules etc. Everything is made non-interactively
and repeatedly using original Ubuntu Desktop CD image.

Everything we need I already did, except one thing. I can't figure out
how to add GNOME keyboard indicator and configure him for our needs (add
Czech and English keyboard layout and set up standard keyboard switch
shortcut - <Alt>+<Shift>). Please can you help me? I can't find any
relevant documentation nor help in ICR chatrooms/Launchpad etc. Please
how did you modify GNOME panel for Ubuntu needs? This question is
primarily for gnome-panel/gnome-applets maintainers. I need add this
applet (keyboard indicator) non-interactively using script(s).

Thanks for any help.

Lumir

--
 Lumír Jasiok