Icons in the fast-user-switching menu: mock

Manu Cornet manu.cornet at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 12:15:13 GMT 2008

Hey Fernando,

> You now gave me another idea...
> Why not use also the user avatar as an icon attached to the nick??

Hmm, I'm not sure I'd be happy seeing my own picture on the top-right
of my session at all times (or did I misunderstand your suggestion?).

These kinds of icons are here, I think, to convey some kind of
information. Putting icons next to menu items helps, in my opinion,
identifying them faster. A status icon also provides information.
Having my face next to my name doesn't really give me anything, I know
what I look like :-)

Manu