Icons in the fast-user-switching menu: mock

Manu Cornet manu.cornet at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 12:12:16 GMT 2008

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

> I'm happy to see you back and fine :)

:-)

I'm sorry to have been away from the community for a while, but I do
plan to continue contributing in the future!

> I seems your FUSA applet misses the Instant Messaging status (available,
> away, ...) which is part of my FUSA applet on intredpid, so I'm
> attaching the screen shot of mine.

Oh I see, I just took this screenshot from a Live CD without
configuring Pidgin or anything. Is that a screenshot of the current
version of the code? Or is that something local to your configuration?
The default Ubuntu top-right applet in Intrepid has a red "on/off"
icon on the right, why doesn't your screenshot have it?

> So you can see there is an icon already for each status, but on the
> right side.
> So I have 2 questions:
> - I wonder if the IM status icons should be moved on the left side

I would be in favor for that, yes, for consistency with other
apps/webapps. I don't remember ever seeing status icons on the right
in left-to-right languages, but maybe I haven't seen enough apps :-)

> - if we put icons for session actions, I'm afraid there are too much
> icons (at least, we can try to mock that up)

Sure, I can try to mock that up, but I'd like to know a bit more about
these statuses and the above questions.

Thanks again!
Manu