Bad defaults: User privileges [urgent!]

Nanley Chery nanleychery at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 07:04:21 GMT 2008

* I am testing 8.04 Beta*

By default, users do not have the privilege to "Use scanners." Due to the
rise of multifunction printers, this is a problem that should be fixed
before the final release of 8.04.

Bug: I installed HPLIP-Toolbox and noticed errors and grayed out tabs - the
app was useless. It was not until I gave my self the permission to "Use
scanners" (under Users and Groups) that I was able to fully use the
application. I am not sure what to file this bug under, so I am asking for
help on making a bug report (or for someone to do it for me). Thank you.

P.S. Why are options, "Use tape drives" and "Send and receive faxes"
unchecked as well? (I kinda understand the tape drives part). Why not give
the admin users all privileges?