Menu Rationalisation (was Re: I hope people are paying attention...)

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Mar 16 08:45:23 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Scott James Remnant <scott at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 04:02 +0000, Nanley Chery wrote:
>
>  > Wiki is up! Sorry for the delay, I was a tad busy.
>  >
>  > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MenusRevisited2

I booted a hardy livecd yesterday and I agree with quite a few of the
points made there.

The "Internet" menu is particularly bad - "Transmission" (which
strikes me as something that only the vast minority of desktop users
will use) doesn't explain what it is, and the Avahi entries are really
confusing (the SSH one duplicates nautilus's "Connect to Server"
function, afaics).

Has any progress been made on the spec? I'm happy to start filing a
few bugs about these issues.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org