Packaging branches

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 18 07:33:13 BST 2008

Hi Ted,

Ted Gould [2008-06-17 11:49 -0700]:
> So I've created some bazaar branches for the packaging that I've done.
> Currently it's in my "home" on Launchpad.  But, we were discussing it in
> #ubuntu-devel and I think it makes more sense to put these under the
> Ubuntu Desktop team on Launchpad.
>
> I'll go ahead and do so if there are no objections.  Objections?

I don't have much context here, but I just want to point out that the
team of package branches should correspond to (or at least include)
the set of uploaders. I often saw a package in bzr which I needed to
touch, where I could upload due to being in core-dev, but not push the
changes to the bzr tree because it was limited to a small team.

Thus package branches which correspond to packages in the Ubuntu
archive (as opposed to "real" branches from contributors) should
always be owned by -core-dev or MOTU.

Thanks,

Martin