Xchat: the exception that confirms the rule?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 23:47:42 GMT 2008

XChat isn't included in Ubuntu by default, and I guess that's because
of the rule of one application for each task. However, I feel that
even though Pidgin can be used for IRC, it does the job so poorly
compared to XChat, that it isn't a real option. Most users quickly
install XChat anyway. I therefore think XChat should be included by
default, and not XChat-GNOME, but the standard one. IRC, after all, is
a very important tool in this FOSS world of ours.

Best regards,

Jo-Erlend Schinstad