Proposing Transmission BitTorrent client as default

Andrea Veri bluekuja at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 10 18:10:59 GMT 2008

Jo-Erlend Schinstad ha scritto:
> One question I can't find an answer to in this discussion, is why we
> want to have gnome-btdownload.

Maybe because it fits fine into the GNOME Desktop? Maybe because it's
easy and simple to use, it doesn't have tons of different configurations
and does the work for a newbie, who just joined Ubuntu (e.g right click
on a torrent and the trick is done). I would like to remember you that
the torrent protocol is not well-known and usually a great number of
people prefer to use other applications like Amule and so on. What do
you think?

Andrea