Gnome-Bt should be removed from applications menu

Nanley Chery nanleychery at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 02:01:31 GMT 2008

>I don't think this is justified. If you don't like it, you can edit the menus
>with alacarte and remove that entry. But the fact that you don't use it doesn't
>mean we should remove it (we could if there was a better reason, but I don't
>think that is one)
>
>Cheers,
>Emilio

It is not just the fact that I won't use the entry - it is also due in part to the not-yet
disproved position that having the entry is useless, unsightly, and causes more problems
than it solves (if it actually does solve any). Just like adding evince to the menu - it is
virtually useless (Friðrik Már Jónsson).

>What if I remove Firefox? Or if someone sends me a link via mail? Or if
>I want to open the client and enter it myself?

These are not actually valid cases. By clicking on a BitTorrent file, gnome-bt
starts up automatically; therefore, removing Firefox, and receiving a link does
matter. The last "scenario" doesn't make sense as it requires the user to do more
work than necessary when he/she can just click on the file.

In my honest opinion, in the grand scheme of things, this is just one part of aiming to keep
Ubuntu simple and easy to use.