Gnome-Bt should be removed from applications menu

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 3 15:55:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Jan 2, 2008 7:42 PM, Andrea Veri <bluekuja at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Nanley Chery ha scritto:
> >  All it does is allow a user to
> > select a bittorrent file to start downloading with; however, in firefox,
> > the gnome bittorrent client is already called upon, by default, whenever a
> > user downloads a bittorent file.
> >

> I don't consider this as a good rationale to have its entry removed
> (also the .desktop file is directly shipped upstream), plus I won't
> diverge the gnome-bt packages between Debian and Ubuntu just for a
> *small* and *unjustified* change like this one.

I don't think it is particularly appropriate to assert that this
change is *unjustified* with that emphasis. That's just your opinion.

In fact, the proposal (and the justification) has been accepted by the
Ubuntu developers for some time - see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MenusRevisited. If Gnome-BT has reappeared, it
seems to me that this is a regression.

--