gnome-power-manager human icon set

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 14 11:38:15 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'd like to draw some attention to this bug, which has been open now
for over 2 and a half years, and is still a problem in the latest
release.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-power/+bug/32921

Essentially, the colours used in the gnome-power-manager icons for the
Human theme are too pessimistic and make the user think that they are
low on battery even when the battery is around half full. It's
bothered me ever since the gpm icons were introduced back in Dapper,
because the only way to get a genuine reading of the battery level is
to hover over the icon, and it's annoying to have to do that all the
time.

There are plenty of comments on the bug reports of users agreeing with
this, and I think it is a usability problem. Is anyone able to take a
look at fixing this? I'm copying the art team in case they have the
expertise to improve these icons.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org