OOo 3 (was Desktop team weekly report (2008-12-02) )

( ``-_-´´ ) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Thu Dec 4 11:21:43 GMT 2008

Olá Flávio e a todos.

On Thursday 04 December 2008 11:03:20 Flávio Martins wrote:
> I do not understand however why you downplay Fedora.
> Openoffice packaging is not an odd one out, Fedora
> beats us (Ubuntu) in other packages as well.
> IMHO they have a very solid distribution too.
>
> When you say "even Fedora has OOo3" you are implying,
> that their community is less capable than ours. Not nice.

I said it wasn't supposed to be a flame or criticism.
Since they waited a bit longer they were able to ship F10 with OOo3, while Ibex only has OOo2.4.1, and now even the PPA version has been removed.
So what I meant is exactly the opposite: if they were able to avoid/fix the problem, maybe we can benefit from that.

I really need to learn a way to express my self better.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net