Call for testing empathy

Brett Alton brett.jr.alton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:40:18 BST 2008

I would personally be worried switching from one program to the next
all the time.

A little while back Gaim was renamed to Pidgin, which I'm sure
confused a couple users. Although they were the exact same program, it
would have taken a couple minutes (or even a half an hour on the
Internet for some users) to figure this out.

Now we'll be switching to Empathy, which although it has the purple
backend, has a different front-end than Pidgin.

I think it is great that an instant messaging program is included in
Gnome, but I'd be worried about such a change when the program is
still in beta (or gamma) stage.