Change the default screensaver from black to ubuntu logo

Ted Gould ted at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 4 20:24:32 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 17:05 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Personally I wouldn't mind a more attractive screensaver by default.
> However, I'd insist on keeping the black one if you are on a laptop
> which is currently running on battery. No need to waste precious power
> there for bling.

The reality is that the blank screensaver will save very little power
over the floating Ubuntu logos.  The blank screensaver leaves the
backlight on, which is the majority of the power.  DPMS is still
configured with laptop setups through GPM, and that'll save the power.
I don't think the 2D GPU usage would make much of a difference in power
usage.

		--Ted