Building new gthumb package

Ivan Sagalaev Maniac at SoftwareManiacs.Org
Sat Nov 17 09:43:59 GMT 2007

Hello Paolo!

I'm writing in the list because it's stated as a maintainer of the
gthumb package. Please direct me in a more appropriate place if I'm
mistaken.

Ubuntu Gutsy ships with gthumb 2.10.6 which has a bug that annoys me
much and which was fixed in 2.10.7. I tried to rebuild the package with
a new source but to no avail... Is there any kind of a guide explaining
how to rebuild a package with a new source? I have some (little)
experience with building deb packages but they were packages of my own
python libs without any patches etc... I think I'm missing something
like should I replace gthumb source in the package directory after
dpkg-source or should I change version numbers in .dsc and unpack it
with the new tarball... Or something like this :-)

Thanks in advance!