DisplayConfigGtk

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Sun Nov 4 02:47:01 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 22:21 -0400, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:

> So the user must have administrative privileges to enable mulithead with
> proprietary drivers or to make the configuration permanently. On the
> other hand temporarily changing the resolution (free and proprietary
> drivers) and temporarily using dualhead (free drivers) should not
> require administrative privileges.
>
> I plan to add a "Store configuration permanently" checkbutton to the
> main window, see http://glatzor.de/filesink/displayconfig/restore.png

I never liked that sort of thing - it's not a part of the settings, but
rather what to do with them upon clicking an action at the bottom. What
do you think of changing "OK" to something like "Use for this session"
and, if the user is a member of admin, adding another button along side
it "Set as default"?

That seems a bit more GNOMEy and less like the old Windows 95 "Why did
that happen? I pressed OK" because like most GNOME dialogues the user
would press the command they want to issue rather than selecting a
variation of the command to issue and then "OK" to issue that variation.

--
Tristan Wibberley

Any opinion expressed is mine (or else I'm playing devils advocate for
the sake of a good argument). My employer had nothing to do with this
communication.