Fwd: User Interface of the X Configuration Tool

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Wed May 30 15:26:02 BST 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 30.05.2007, 10:58 +0100 schrieb (``-_-´´) -- Fernando:
> From my short experience, the application worked great, but tended to
> break X after reboot...

Oh. That's not nice. To be exactly this is the interesting part. If you
only change the resolution or refresh rate we instantly apply them using
xrandr. So the modifications to your xorg.conf will only show up on
reboot or after relogin (if you used the recent version of
displayconfig-gtk).

It would be nice if you open bug reports.

> Will the new X 1.3 be more helpful with dual head???

The xserver 1.3? Not really from our point of view. See XRandR
statements in my last post and on the wiki page.

> Does displayconfig-gtk also support SVideo output???

If the output can be managed using X yes.

Cheers,

Sebastian