An Ubuntu Firewall

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 13 17:32:49 GMT 2007

Am Dienstag, den 13.03.2007, 18:17 +1300 schrieb Matthew Paul Thomas:

> On Mar 11, 2007, at 6:42 PM, Randy Wallace wrote:
> > I'm looking for an opinion from the community, particularly involving
> > whether or not I should attempt to start this project.  It would be a
> > lot of work, and I don't want to do it in vain.
>
> Then your first step probably should be to complete one of the existing
> specifications for this feature,
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Firewalls>
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoC-Firewall>
> or to write your own. Then get the specification approved for Ubuntu.
> <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu>

The average user should not be in such a situation in which he needs a
firewall. We are an OpenSource project, so you "can" trust the software
on your system. Furthermore there is the zero open port policy.

Firewalls in Windows are one the things that make using the Internet no
fun for not-technical people.

Cheers,

Sebastian