Using xdg-user-dirs for the gutsy desktop

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at canonical.com
Tue Jun 19 05:47:26 BST 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 5:16 AM, Brian Murray wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 02:52:14PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
>> "DESKTOP=Desktop
>> DOWNLOAD=Download
>> TEMPLATES=Templates
>> PUBLICSHARE=Public
>> DOCUMENTS=Documents
>> MUSIC=Music
>> PICTURES=Pictures
>> VIDEOS=Videos"
>> Does anyone has concern about the list of directory or does it look ok
>> to everybody?
>
> Most of the directory names are pluralized but the "DOWNLOAD" directory
> is not.  I would prefer that it was the same as the rest and became
> "Downloads".

+1. Every application I've seen that has its own downloads folder calls
it "Downloads", not "Download", because it can contain more than one.

(DOWNLOAD shall henceforth join "creat()", "Referer:", "charset", and
"gtk.ComboBox" in the Gallery of Misnamed APIs.)

Cheers
--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/