Using xdg-user-dirs for the gutsy desktop

Daniel Koskinen daniel.koskinen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:16:03 BST 2007

> I suggest taking "Download" out of the list to have the magic 7. As
> most people download stuff to the Desktop, and then move it to it's
> proper place (depending on what hey have just downloaded).

I'm afraid there's nothing 'magic' about the number 7 where desktop
items are involved, so that in itself is no reason to lessen the
amount of items. Miller's "magic number 7" applies to memory, ie.
recalling items, not recognition or the number of stuff in a GUI. :)

--
Daniel Koskinen
suomeksi: http://www.hopeapuu.net
MSN: dani at iki.fi