User Interface of the X Configuration Tool

Andrew Sobala aes at gnome.org
Tue Jun 5 23:58:36 BST 2007

Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 03.06.2007, 23:35 +0100 schrieb Andrew Sobala:
>> The Mac bottom bar, much as it is annoying, does
>> reordering-drag-and-drop very well by making space under the mouse.
>> Monitors can shrink to make this work...
>
> Sorry, although I administrate a few Apple machines, I am not so
> familiar with the user interface.
>
> What do you refer to by mac bottom bar?

It's a bar, by default along the bottom of the screen, that has
application launchers (and minimised windows, but we'll ignore those for
now) on it. If you try to reorder the applications, the act of dragging
one along the bar will make the others move out of the way to create a
decent fitts-law target.

--
Andrew