User Interface of the X Configuration Tool

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko at redinnovation.com
Sun Jun 3 17:44:42 BST 2007

> You would need a lot of space for the drop target areas around the main
> monitor. Furthermore drag and drop is very hard to discover for the
> user. So we would have to add normals controls too. Since we need the
> normal controls anyway we should use them as a starting point.

> You would need a lot of space for the drop target areas around the main
> monitor. Furthermore drag and drop is very hard to discover for the
> user.

Not really if you have clever design

- Drag and drop is the most natural user interface for moving objects
(except for those vim/emacs users ;)

- Change the cursor on monitor image hover

- Add text "Drag your monitors so that it corresponds your desktop setup"

- Drag and drop area can be made pop-up to utilize all available screen estate

Cheers,
Mikko

--
Mikko Ohtamaa