Team packages maintained in bzr, one branch for the team or one for each debian directory?

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 31 08:46:22 BST 2007

On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 05:28:35PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> We are looking at maintaining the ubuntu-desktop packages in bzr. The
> idea is to store the debian directories there and to use
> bzr-buildpackage and some other tools making the work easier.

Hoorah!

[..]
> * One branch by package:
> + that's the "clean" way using bzr
> + you can checkout and look at updates for the packages you are
> interested in only
> - you need to checkout or update ~100 different branches when you work
> on all the packages
> - you need to branch for every package when gutsy+1 opens
[..]

I like this approach much better. One disadvantage here is that
launchpad requires a upstream product for each branch but there is no
mapping for every current source packages to a upstream products. So
some will have to be created first with the webgui in LP. Better
support from LP would be helpful here I think (either auto creating
upstream product or allowing bzr branches for source package names).

Cheers,
 Michael