Split of gnome-python-desktop

Kevin Dunglas dunglas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 12:25:42 BST 2007

Hello,
I'm writing an application (an encrypted folder manager) for Ubuntu as
a Summer of Code Project. My app is wrote in GTK and also depend of
the gnomekeyring python module.
In Ubuntu it adds a dependency to the whole gnome-python-desktop package.
My mentor said that it was better if the gnome-python-desktop package
was split into sub-packages like gnome-python (which provide
python-gconf, python-gnomecanvas, ...).

Is there any problem to split the gnome-python-desktop package into
subpackages ? If i send you a patch to split it can you integrate it ?

--
Kévin Dunglas

http://lapin-blanc.net