Ubuntu 7.07

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 00:45:08 BST 2006

While 666 means the mark of the beast, 6 symbolically means incompetence
because according to the great book, 7 is the perfect number, Genesis 2:3,
Psalms 12:6, 2 Kings 5:10,14. And 6 repeated 3 times means only 1 thing...
Incompetence repeated 3 times.

So I proposed upon reaching Ubuntu 7.07, that we must be full compliance
among all Linux distributions, particularly in LSB, OSI, and Freedesktop.org
.

To sum up if all of these compliance test meets Ubuntu, I have some details.

LSB: According to http://www.freestandards.org/en/Products, Ubuntu isn't in
the list yet, and it is found in the Planned certification status.
http://www.freestandards.org/en/LSB_Distribution_Status, to sum up, Ubuntu
is not yet certified. Failed.

OSI: This is not the "please-do-not-take-sally's-pantie-away" layers. This
is the Open Source Initiative. Evidently, Ubuntu have done a strict
compliance with this, by not including non open source codecs, libraries,
and application.. to sum up, Passed!

Freedesktop.org: This is really a tough compliance standards, since there's
alot of specifications and some of the applications haven't meet those
specifications. Gladly, there are areas where Ubuntu have done great in
implementations, like Fontconfig, Xft, RandR, Cairo, DRI & Mesa,
Translation, Modularization, and Docbook. But there's still alot of exciting
standards that Ubuntu can meet, notably, XCB as a replacement of Xlib, Color
Management & Oyranos, and Project Portland. to sum up, Not graded.

Please add up another Linux standards that may be planned upon compliance
certification.

Thank you for taking time to read my mail.

Regards,

Joel