gnome-power-manager icon policy rethink

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Sep 19 19:13:12 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 23:59 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le mardi 05 septembre 2006 à 11:19 +0200, martin.bergner at online.de a
> écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > isn't it possible to detect if it's a laptop or not? I think a
> > reasonable choice is to always display the icon on a laptop and don't
> > display it on other machines.
>
> hi,
>
> That looks a reasonable configuration to me. Does anybody objects with
> that?
But if it's working as it's supposed to then there is no reason to do
such a test. I don't need to know that my laptop is plugged into the
mains - but I do want to know if it's charging or discharging... and
that's the default situations for the icon to be shown. Doesn't work on
my laptop just now but that's another issue.

Duncan
--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk