gnome-power-manager icon policy rethink

martin.bergner at online.de martin.bergner at online.de
Tue Sep 5 10:19:14 BST 2006

Hi,

isn't it possible to detect if it's a laptop or not? I think a reasonable choice is to always display the icon on a laptop and don't display it on other machines.

For a start, the icon could be shown if it detects a battery and not shown it, if there is none (or can not be detected).

I really think it's more then reasonable to always have an overview over the current status of the battery. It also closes bugs and I really don't think anyone will open a bug saying "There is an icon taking away precious panel space". Either you live with it, or you disable it, but you are surely not going to open a bug report and try to force this change back through!

Martin