which package can find the file wich define menu "System-help-System Documentation" ?

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 03:40:27 BST 2006

On 9/29/06, 张召伟 <zhang.zhaowei at gd-linux.com> wrote:

> Hi, I now work to custom ubuntu for some company to use, I normal ubuntu
> edgy, there is a menu 'systemp-help" , them menu "system-help" has 5
> submenus , "System Documentation", "Online Documentation", "Community
> Support","Commercial Support","Ubuntu Book Excerpt", I want to remove
> some submenus from of the menu "system- help" , But I can't find which
> file in which packages defines menu "system-help" and it's submenu!
> I find the /usr/share/applications/yelp.desktop defines the menu
> "system-help" , but the menu only call yelp to display help info , so
> yelp.desktop isn't the file which defines "sysmte-help" and it's submenu.
>
> how can I delete some menu items of system-help and it sub menu?

The submenu items are hardcoded in the patch in gnome-panel. There must be a
better way to do this, instead of hardcoding, why not use a desktop entry?
and put all of those things in the distribution specific meta packages.

A desktop entry is pluggable, you remove it, and the menu entry will not be
visible, you install the entries and it's there again. That's why I think
modulatization of settings through deb packages is a good way to start
towards a truely customizable OS.

Regards,

Joel