GEdit interface suggestion

Petr Tomeš ptomes at gmail.com
Tue May 9 18:31:58 BST 2006

2006/5/9, John Nilsson <john at milsson.nu>:
I don't trust software enough to let it
> make that kind of decisions for me!"

I think software should offers users only things, which users could
do. For the most users it totally useless to make possible to save
document, which has been already saved. According to your logic you
could also state that you can't trust software if it rewrites/replaces
your saved document without confirmation after click on relevant icon.
In this case it is also nonsense.

> Sorry for the rant. But this "feature" has been bugging me for a while
> now.

Sorry but I really think the problem with this "feature" is rather
with your habits than with software itself.
But I also think this feature should be easily configurable for those,
who don't like it!

Petr Tomeš,
Ubuntu CZ - http://www.ubuntu.cz/