Ubuntu vs Kubuntu

Manu Cornet lmanul at ubuntu.com
Tue May 9 09:57:43 BST 2006

Hi Matt !

Welcome to (K)Ubuntu !

> I wanted to ask you guys what the real difference was between the two.  If
> any would like to let me know, just feel free to e-mail me back here at
> MHlavsa at gmail.com.  Also, if there are any articles you'd rather refer me to
> instead that would be fine too.

Please keep in mind that this is a development list, you should rather
use ubuntu-users.

You'll probably want to see screenshots of the two distributions :

http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=630&slide=4&title=ubuntu+6.06+flight+7+screenshots

http://www.shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=631&slide=4&title=kubuntu+6.06+flight+7+screenshots

These are screenshots of the latest version, which will be released on June 1st.

Above all, I guess you should just try the two different live CDs to
try them out and see what you like best.

Cheers,
Manu