(Yet another) new logout dialog

Manu Cornet lmanul at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 31 20:53:57 BST 2006

Hi !

Here's a new version of the dialog :

	http://www.manucornet.net/ubuntu/dev/dialog.png
	http://www.manucornet.net/ubuntu/dev/logout.png
	http://www.manucornet.net/ubuntu/dev/hibernate.png

Many people found that the dialog was too large ; therefore, I stacked
the help messages next to the "Cancel" button and reduced the spacing a
bit. This also solves a few layout problems (expanding window). Comments
welcome.

About the choice of designing a dialog with 6 or 7 options, I'm not the
one who decides about this (I'm just trying to make a good layout with
nice icons and text), but I do think it's a logical choice.

* I believe the main purpose for this multi-option dialog is to let
users have this main "top-right applet" flow to let them perform all
"exit" action.

* "Log out" as the name of the menu entry is definitely misleading, and
we're trying to find the best wording to replace it (suggestions
welcome !).

* The dialog indeed has many options. I agree that some of those should
be activated automatically (eg when a laptop lid is closed), but those
automatic behaviors are not yet working as they should, and meanwhile we
probably need the options in a dialog.

Cheers,
Manu