Bits and pieces

Andy Somerville andy.somerville at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 20:59:35 GMT 2006

I noticed that the gtk-gnutella client fails to start recently.
Starting from a terminal you can see  an error message which gives
instructions for how to get it to work, but It got me to thinking that
Ive seen this behavior before. When programs fail to start and give no
indication that they failed other than not starting.

Shouldnt we be giving some failure feedback to let people know that a
program failed to start?
Its awefuly disconcerting to hit an icon and wait for the application
to start and have it just never happen.

(Also in an unrelated note: has anyone else noticed that the
minicommander tool bar applet has been removed? I really liked it, and
I cant imagine why it would be taken out)

Andy