Desktop files

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 10:07:37 GMT 2006

Hi Lukas

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 20:11 -0500, Lukas Sabota wrote:

> I am in no means an expert in this field, but I do realize that some
> sort of consistency is needed in this area.  We should come up with a
> standard (or perhaps enforce the fd.o one?) and enforce it in universe
> and main.

I've filed several bugs [1] about inconsistent or missing .desktop files
and I've been using the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines [2] to suggest
changes to the entries. I'm happy to help out on this sort of issue,
editing .desktop files is one of the few things I'm capable of! Feel
free to assign this sort of bug to me in Malone and I'll work through
them all.

[1] https://launchpad.net/people/philbull/+reportedbugs
[2]
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/desktop-integration.html