Windows FOSS on the Live CD -- the OOo2 question

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Mar 9 20:03:35 GMT 2006

Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Carl Karsten wrote:
>
>> Ok, as promised:
>> http://dev.personnelware.com/carl/temp/Mar09/a/LiveDapperBoot.avi.torrent
>>
>> 16meg, worth the view. not worth even consedering for final product,
>> but worth chattering about.
>
> Thanks, I got that working now. I've put a copy here:
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~henrik/temp/
>
> The file is actually surprisingly large for what it shows (mostly
> black). I wonder if it can be  compressed differently?

Yes.  I used Lives to cut out a bunch of "dead air", but didn't put any effort
into reducing size.

> Have you tried taking shots of the desktop in action too? That would be
> quite interesting.

Tried, but got black and fuz.  my toshiba 4600 video out doesn't get along with
the capture, and I don't think it is the right way anyway. (see below)

http://www.adstech.com/products/USBAV_701/intro/usb701intro.asp?pid=USBAV701

 >Something that works on Linux?

 From what I can tell, no.

> I looked briefly on the web and saw various things
> at around $1-200. I'll consider getting something like this myself.

If you do, get something that takes a VGA output, not "TV" - the TV based stuff
just doesn't have enough res.

I am going to try to boot the CD in a Virtual Machine and see if I can capture that.

^C