G-p-m hding while on AC

Christian Bjälevik nafallo at magicalforest.se
Wed Mar 8 19:51:55 GMT 2006

tor 2006-02-23 klockan 21:47 -0800 skrev Corey Burger:
> 1. I cannot tell what my battery is doing while I am on AC. Maybe I am
> just on AC until my battery is charged and then going elsewhere.
You might have noticed that whenever the battery is != full g-p-m shows
the status of the battery :-). It's just hidden when "not used".

> 2. More savvy users might think that g-p-m is crashing open AC plugin
More savvy users would probably have found the preferences dialog and
found the option in the last tab that controls this? :-)

> 3. No other DE or OS does this. While this is not usually an argument,
> I think the expectation of least surprise holds here and there is no
> compelling argument to break consistency.
I disagree. I think it's a lot better to have it this way and only use
the precious panel-space when there is actually something to show. This
could easily be compared to update-notifier and gnome-cups-icon.

Cheers, /C

PS Sorry for the late reply. DS
--
Christian Bjälevik <nafallo at ubuntu.com>