For those who care about the notification-daemon

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 2 14:17:55 GMT 2006

Hi all, sorry to resurect this, but the behaviour of the notification
bubbles in Dapper has been confusing me recently (in the 'my mother isn't
gonna get that' kind of way)

>Now, the dapper desktop plan spec states:
>* The notifier popup will just have an [x] to close it, to click on.
>* Clicking anywhere in the notifier popup will actually close it.
>[with some discussion at the end whether not that that should be done]

I would like clicking on the bubble to do what clicking on the link does,
and failing that, I would like a link in the button to do what clicking on
the icon would, I.E 'Click Here to get the Updates'
Or some bold text sayign 'Click on this bubble to close it' - which would
probably help people find their way

Just my contribution. I like the close button, but then I think it probably
contributes to this problem (makes it look like it is necessary)

Who