The return of the clocks of death (this time in the new gnome logout dialogs)

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 01:58:35 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I was most distressed when I installed the daily from yesterday and
saw the new rather cool logout dialogs from gnome (not the one manu is
working on). On these dialogs are countdown clocks. Yes, GIANT CLOCKS
OF DEATH!!!! Oh no, run around screaming, you are going to be logged
out in 59 seconds and counting!!!! (excuse me, the preceding was way
too much fun to write)

In all seriousness, as Brandon Hale pointed out, these are actually
worse than other clocks that have existed because these ones have real
potential for accidental data loss.

Cheers,

Corey

ps. Have we not already gone through this issue several times? Has the
world not yet learned that clocks of death are a bad thing?