Gnome-app-install new-look test-version ready

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 25 17:27:23 GMT 2006

Dear Friends,

as discussed earlier on this list, Sebastian Heinlein and I are
working on a new design for gnome-app-install to make it scale better
for the greater amount of universe/multiverse packages it needs to
deal with for dapper (see also the discussion/points raised on:
https://launchpad.net/products/gnome-app-install/+bug/17470).

We have a test-version ready that is availabe here:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/gnome-app-install/new-look/

and a screenshot here:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/gnome-app-install/new-look/gai--new-look.png

Feedback is welcome, it still has some bug because of the switch, but
there shouldn't be anything major.

Cheers,
 Michael