For those who care about the notification-daemon

Sebastian Heinlein liste at pimpzkru.de
Wed Jan 25 06:37:26 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 02:19 +0100, Josué Alcalde González wrote:
> El lun, 23-01-2006 a las 22:12 +0100, Sebastien Bacher escribió:
> > Le lundi 23 janvier 2006 à 15:43 +0100, Michael Vogt a écrit :
> >
> > > http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/notification-daemon/notify_right_top_small.png
> >
> > I prefer that one but it would be better with a smaller margin on the
> > bottom. What do you think?
>
> What about rounded corners?
> Background of the arrow should be white.
> And if it is posible, it should correct the pixelation in the arrow.

I think that it would be better to use a color provided by the theme:
the tooltips color. This would integrate the notification message in
every gtk theme without any additional efforts.

I would also vote for the round edges for aesthetical reasons.

The message is a small window. Closing a window is done by clicking on
the close button. It is getting fragile if you click somewhere on the
window and it disappears, since there is no hint what would happen if
you click on the message. Perhaps you have clicked on the message body
because you haven't recognized any known method to close it. On the
other hand the close button is well known.

But why has the icon another background color? I haven't seen this
anywhere else in the GNOME desktop. So I think that consistency counts
here, too.

By the way gtk-dialog-info would be better icon instead of
gtk-information, since it is available in larger sizes. This would avoid
the blurry pixeled information icon.

color. only one background color.

Regards,
Sebastian