annoying behaviour with removable media

Ashley Hooper ash_hooper at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 13:07:12 GMT 2006

Sebastien wrote:

>On a side note, being able to go outside $HOME has really few usage
>from nautilus because it's read-only at best.

I'm generally in favour of hiding most of the legacy /bin, /usr, /var etc dirs.
 However, a couple of uses I can think of outside /home:

* Browsing for a newly installed application executable in /usr/bin?
* Looking in /tmp for a cached copy of a media file that was downloaded from
the Internet (say, opened with Totem instead of saved)

---

‘We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our children’. Antoine de St. Exupery