Drag And Drop Annoyances

Lukas Sabota punkrockguy318 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 17:54:45 GMT 2006

One thing that I have noticed with the GNOME desktop that has been very
irritating is the drag and drop behavior.  If I click on something and
quickly move the mouse, GNOME thinks that I would like to drag/drop it
somewhere.  If i want to drag something, I'm going to hold the mouse
button down.  If i'm single clicking and moving the mouse, I just want
to click on something and move on.  So many times there is a document
icon by my mouse is Firefox and Thunderbird when I don't want it.

Does anyone else experiance this behavior?  Maybe the mouse should be
held down for a certain amount of time before dragging can work.

PS:  The document icon that is appended to the mouse cursor does not fit
the cursor theme at all, and it very large.  Why don't we discuss? :)
God bless,
Lukas