annoying behaviour with removable media
sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:45:37 GMT 2006
i wanted to know if this annoying behaviour will be fixed in upcoming gnome:
when you enter a removable device (eg a cdrom) with nautilus from the
"computer place" and then goes "UP" with nautilus, you end up in the
This is quite annoying because we expect to go back to "computer
place" and moreover, when i clicked on the device it's name is the
name of the cdrom or the device, and when we end up in the /media
directory, its named cdrom0 floppy, etc...
I understand the technical reasons behind this (device are mounted in
/media mount points) but i guess many users will be annoy by this.
there is another strange thing with the the navigation in nautilus:
do the following:
1) places -> home folder
2) click on the arrow on the left of the home folder in the navigation
bar to expand it
3) click on the icon corresponding to "/"
4) go by clicking in etc -> X11 -> xkb (for example)
5) then click on the "etc" button from the navigation bar
6) then press the BACK arrow
7) you end up in "/" instead of "xkb"
More information about the ubuntu-desktop