main menu applet

adel durnet at menara.ma
Thu Jan 5 15:31:39 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 12:22 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="adel">
>
> > > Could you describe what you don't like about the current structure of
> > > the menu
> >
> > there's nothing I don't like about current "Menu Bar", actually I'm using
> > it happily, I was talking about "Main Menu" which is different panel's
> > applet.
> >
> > I can't talk about rest of users but I imagine that many users would love
> > to have JDS/w9x-like menu, if Ubuntu could has both then why not?
>
> Are you talking about the *structure* of the menu itself (which is what Seb
> was asking about) or the design of the menu button?

Originally! I was thinking about...
* menu button with string
* Application's sub-menu as in "Menu Bar"
* Preferences & Administration into something like "Add to Panel" window
* Deskbar into standalone window (replace Alt+F2)
* "End Session" to have "Lock Screen" button

                     -------------------
------------------- | Accessories     > |
  Applications   > || Games           > |
  Preferences      || Graphics        > |
  Administration   || Internet        > |
  --------------   || Office          > |
  Recent Files   > || Sound & Video   > |
  Deskbar          || System tools    > |
  Help             || Add Application   |
  End Session      |
               ----
[ $logo Menu  ]

but then it would be too much to ask & I can't claim I present good
solution!

sorry to make it look so stupid... sorry for misunderstood Seb.
Thank you jeff :)