A new logout dialog (v3)

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 4 14:48:18 GMT 2006

Le mercredi 28 décembre 2005 à 18:12 +0100, Jon Gurrutxaga a écrit :
> Hello!

Hi,

>  one in red colour. I suggest this change because the hibernate option
> causes a "heavier" response of the system than the sleep one.
> Furthermore, this way the blue color could be used for the "log out"
> icon better than the green one.

Blue or green is quite the same for that no? Does it make a real
difference to switch both?

> 2. I'd prefer (if possible) to use a window without titlebar (just a
> thin border, like mentioned before in the thread). We could have a
> "Log off" (or whatever) item in the menu to call this window and
> forget about the title, using separators and headers to group the
> options.

If you prefer a such window, do you want some fadding effect on the
background too? The current version is a normal window, you can switch
it, move it, etc. Without the titlebar it would be a fixed position...

> 3. Thinking on how the options are related (and on left to right
> priority) this could be a possible layout:
> _____Shut down options_____________________
> Shut down     Restart
> _____Power save options____________________
> Sleep     Hibernate
> _____Session management options____________
> Log Out     Switch user     Save session (may be not a good idea, but
> could feet here)

I agree that the 3/3 distinction is not ideal. The 3 categories kind of
make sense, maybe we should give a try to know what it looks like

> But I suggest this layout as my favorite one:
> _____Power save options______________________________________
> Shut down     Restart     Sleep     Hibernate
> _____Session management options______________________________________
> Log Out     Switch user     Save session (may be not a good idea, but
> could feet here)

4 and 2 is kind of weird. If we do that we should maybe use one icon for
sleep/hibernate and make the difference using a modifier like windows do

> Best wishes for the 2006,

Thanks, you too!

--
Sebastien Bacher