Ubuntu Desktop News - Second issue

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 17 06:16:04 GMT 2006

Hello Robert,

Am Freitag, den 17.02.2006, 10:24 +0900 schrieb Robert J. Leibowitz:
> I have been waiting a long time for the Evolution/bogo filter patch,
> so I can actually filter spam in Evolution.

You already can filter spam in evolution - it has a spam assassin
plugin, you just have to install spamassassin.

> Is this patched version of Evolution available for Breezy or does one
> have to go to Dapper to get it?

I don't think we're going to -update or -backport it to Breezy. It's not
important enough to be a security fix or major issue, and it can't be
backported (through breezy-backports) because the Build-Depends don't
suffice.

I'm sorry, you could only try to get the patch from [1] and build a
breezy version yourself. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee how well that
goes.

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2005-December/msg00063.html

Have a nice day,